Travel A-Z: 26 Places I Can't Wait To Visit


You've heard a lot about the places I have visited, but what about the places I haven't? The best thing about travel is that you have your whole life to to do it, and so you don't have to compare your progress with someone else's. I like to think that I've travelled quite a bit for a twenty-two year old who's been holding down full-time jobs, but of course, there's a million places I haven't been. I thought it would be quite fun if I could show you the places I aspire to go, from A to Z. I'm definitely not the first one to attempt this, so I take no credit!


- Assisi, Italy.
 Assisi is a small town in Italy that, surprisingly, kick-started my love of travel despite the fact that I've never been there. It all started when I read about an Italian romance in my teens, and I've idolised the town ever since. It's quite fitting that it's ended up at the top of the list!


- Brasov, Transylvania, Romania.
Brasov is a recent discovery for me after reading about it on travelingness.com. It looks like an amazing town in a country I've never visited before, and it gives me major spooky vibes which I love. This would definitely be an incredible place to go in Autumn or Winter when the snow's on the ground.


- Cappadocia, Göreme, Turkey.
Cappadocia has become all the rage (especially on Instagram) at the moment for its gorgeous hot air balloon flights. I learned recently that the balloons you see in photos are often tests, but who knows, one day I might be in one!


- Dominican Republic, the Caribbean.
From where I live, the Dominican Republic and St. Lucia are probably the most accessible Caribbean Islands, with the former being most affordable. It is also frequently overlooked by travel bloggers, I'd say, who are probably further West in Mexico.


  - Edinburgh, Scotland.
  Have you ever noticed how few countries there are that begin with 'E'??
  Seriously though, while I could have chosen Egypt or Ecuador for this
  letter I'd much rather return to Edinburgh first, and that's why it's number
  one. I've visited once when I was a lot younger and I'd really love to
  experience it again now that I'm an adult & can take it all in.


- (Mount) Fuji, Japan.
Okay so this might be a little bit of a cheat one, but there are so
many 'M's I want to use and not enough 'F's! Fuji simply has to be
mentioned as it's probably the most beautiful volcano in the world
and even inspired one of my tattoos. If I'm going to play by the rules    though, I'd love to visit the closest town, Fujikawaguchiko, while I'm there.

 - Grindelwald, Switzerland.
 I do love a town situated between mountains and Grindelwald most
 definitely fits that description. Wedged between the Swiss Alps,
 Grindelwald has the most picturesque views and is a brilliant place
 to go hiking in the summer. I do wonder if it inspired J. K. Rowling's
 wizard.

- Hierapolis, Turkey.
 Hierapolis "was" an ancient city situated on hot-springs in modern-day Turkey, right night to the town of Pamukkale which is in itself a tourist attraction. Today Hierapolis exists as a museum on the old town's ruins and is a protected UNESCO Heritage Site.


- Iceland.
There are plenty of places closer to home in Ireland that I'm sure I'd love to explore, but until I've crossed off Reykjavík in Iceland and seen the sights, I think that Ireland will have to wait. Who doesn't want to take a dip in the Blue Lagoon or discover the town's apparently 'wild' night-life??

- Jordan.
I think Petra is on most people's bucket lists, and that's mostly why I chose Jordan over other places such as Jamaica and Jerusalem. I'd love to visit Jerusalem in particular one day, but maybe when there is more peace in the region and the dispute is over.


- Kyoto, Japan.
At the centre of my love for Japanese culture, nature and scenery is beautiful Kyoto. It is a well-known tourist destination, but not quite as much as Japan's capital, Tokyo. There is so much to do in Kyoto and I feel like I could definitely spend a good few days here (or maybe my life ðŸ˜‰).


- La Gomera, the Canary Islands.
On one recent trip to Tenerife, I unfortunately became ill and couldn't go on our VIP trip to La Gomera, which was going to be the highlight of our holiday. La Gomera feeds much of Tenerife with its clean water, and  nature there thrives, relatively untouched. I imagine it to have a very similar vibe to Lokrum Island in Croatia.


- Malta.
There are so many 'M's in world culture, but for me it has to be somewhere like Malta. It lies in the Mediterranean Sea between Tunisia and Sicily, meaning that it has a heavy Italian vibe, and hence, it's a lot like Croatia, too! You can find amazing Roman ruins here and beautiful towns.


 - New York, U.S.A.
America is not a place that I'm dying to go to - sounds silly as a travel blogger but it never really took my fancy! I'm a bit of a city girl at heart so probably the first place I would go is New York. I think I'd feel at home here (but petrified by the skyscrapers). Catch me here one Christmas for definite!


- Outer Hebrides, Scotland.
For the second time, Scotland makes the list! When I was researching my O's I came across this lovely portion of Scotland and... just google 'Outer Hebrides' and you'll see what I mean. With water this blue and beaches this white within 200 miles of me, why wouldn't I make it a mission to explore the UK first?


- Pula, Croatia.
There are many 'P's in the world, but for me this was an easy choice. I've wanted to go to Pula for years, in order to visit the world's most complete Roman Colosseum. That's right, more complete than the Colosseum. Of course, there's always the Theatre of Epidavros in the Peloponnese that could've easily made this letter, too.

- Queensland, Australia.
If I was ever to go Down-Under I believe it would be somewhere in the State of Queensland. Housing great resorts like Brisbane, Cairns, Port Douglas and even the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland is definitely my first port of call if I ever decide to travel Australia.


- Rabat, Morocco.
Now that Rome is firmly ticked off my list, the next 'R' might be Rabat, Morocco's capital city. Morocco has always intrigued me, and it is fairly accessible from nearby airports. It looks like there are some amazing things to see in Rabat, especially architecture, but I'd also love to visit smaller, more colourful cities like Chefchaouen.

- Singapore.
I think a trip to Singapore would be fascinating and a complete shock to the system (in a good way). I love the combination of modern architecture and nature that they do so well in Singapore. Its tourism industry is thriving at the moment and was used in the finale of one of mine & Josh's favourite travel programs: Race Across The World (BBC).


- Tuscany, Italy.
I would never turn down a road trip through one of Italy's most prolific and infamous wine-making regions, though if I did it would probably be to wander on foot to some of the regions many UNESCO World Heritage sites. Seriously, there's a few!


- Ukraine.
Ukraine tempts me daily with beautiful cities like Odessa and Kiev, but we also cannot forget about the insanely important historical landmark that is Chernobyl. I always said I wouldn't go because the radiation slightly freaks me out a bit, but I'm slowly changing my mind.


 - Venice, Italy.
I know, I know, a travel blogger that's never been to Venice! It's like finding a needle in a haystack! We did have plans to go this year during our trip to Rome, but eventually we decided we were too worn out to brave the rail system.


- Warsaw, Poland.
I won't lie, when I read my first travel blog on Warsaw I was shocked. It looks like a writer's absolute dream. The streets are pastel and everything looks like an antique, the streets are narrow but you might find a skyscraper at the end of it. I think I'd surprise myself with how much I would like Warsaw.


- Xi'an, China. 
Of course, there's tonnes to do in China, but I think seeing the Terracotta Army near Xi'an and the architecture that the ruling dynasties left behind would top the lot.
- Yosemite National Park, CA, U.S.A.
 'Y' made for some quite difficult research! Eventually it came down to either Yellowstone or Yosemite National Park, and I chose Yosemite simply because I really think this is somewhere I would just stand and gawk out with my mouth in a 'wow'.


- Zagreb.
Zagreb is the capital city of Croatia, and somewhere I am keen to explore. I am definitely interested to see whether I will love the North of the country as much as the South, or whether there is a massive culture shock.


Where on this list would you travel first if you had the chance?


Comments

  1. I love this idea so so much! I’d love to visit most of these places too!

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

There's More!

I have a glitch on my blog at the moment that's deleting all the posts from my main page, but there's plenty more available in the Archive, search bar or 'Older Posts' buttons.

MB x