The Return of the Blog



Looking at the posts below, you would be forgiven for thinking that it is still late 2016, rather than mid-2019. I have had quite the hiatus. But I am not some big YouTube celebrity with many expectant fans to keep happy, so I do hope you'll excuse me for the wait. I'm sure some of you reading now (hello!) will be interested to know what I got up to in the three years I was gone, and we will get to that in time as I explain my reasons for returning.

Firstly, I am a big believer that having a full-time job just about kills creativity. I have had my fair share of different jobs at the ripe old age of 22, but I have yet to find more than one that gave me time enough to scratch this particular itch.

Secondly, I have so much more life experience. Three years is a looong time. So many things, both good and bad have occurred. Whether it is losing jobs, family members, starting university, leaving university, driving tests or selling a car, there is so much more that I actually feel I have some authority to write about now.

Thirdly, inspiration. My uncle Alex runs a blog called Career Gappers, a small business which is just now making profit for the first time. Seeing him do what he does and telling other people how to achieve it really sparked my love for blogging again. Since studying Creative & Professional Writing at University, I have really missed the written word, and rather than doing it for a profit at the moment, I would really just like to get back into my old hobby.

Fourthly and finally, improvements. As well as the experience I now have, there are now much better tools at my disposal. As you can imagine, looking back over my posts from 3+ years ago, I have been shocked at some of the blurry or grainy imagery I uploaded onto this site. Myself and my lovely partner Josh are expecting the delivery of our brand new Canon EOS M50 any time soon; just before our short holiday to Croatia & Montenegro; and can't wait to upload some of the first brand new images onto To Blog Would Be An Awfully Big Adventure. I'm sure you'll agree that, with the changes to my theme, the blog looks a lot sleeker, though I have tried for nostalgia's sake to stay true to all the old colours.

So, I hope you'll bear with me as I get back onto my feet, and watch this space!

Meaghan x

Comments

  1. There is nothing like seeing how much someone else is enjoying something to get you back into the spirit of things! It takes time to grow but we all get there, if we stick through and hold tight to the raft when the waves come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, I've heard that most blogs that 'fail' because they gave up too soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

There's More!

I have a glitch on my blog at the moment that's deleting all the posts from my main page, but there's plenty more available in the Archive, search bar or 'Older Posts' buttons.

MB x