The Last Two Months // Trips and Holidays

Hi, again. Well then, it's been a while! Sorry about that. Normally I would address the reasons for such a long absence but, for the purpose of keeping up appearances, I'm going to give the explanation a miss this time and just get straight to telling you about the most exciting things that have happened this month (and a half). Or as I like to call it, 'my absence through Instagram pictures'. *All photos will be from my IG account @meaghanbethany.*

In early August, my boyfriend and I went on a trip to the Harry Potter Studios. Being 5'0, it turned out being quite a palava trying to get photographs on my phone over the top of other people's heads, so I left all the photography to Dec. I only really have one picture for you: from the moment which was probably my favourite part of the tour.


Chicken goujons and tasty butterbeer in the half-way café

Then, towards the end of August, my family and step-family went on a week-long excursion where we were based in Perranporth in Cornwall. Every day (almost) we drove out to somewhere different and were really lucky with the weather! Firstly we returned to Newquay, where we had a picnic on the beach and a walk around. With it being quite a large town, it had its own New Look store. And, well, it would have been rude not to. I bought myself a cosy grey turtleneck which looks great with a black leather jacket. I also bought a necklace with mint-green adornments and some red feather earrings, to go with some clothes I already own.


Matchy matchy

After that, I can't really remember the progression of things but I think the next day we stayed in Perranporth and walked down to Perran Sands. This was one of my favourite days of the whole trip because everyone was together, but yet we were all doing our own thing. The boys (my would-be step-brothers) were either swimming, running,  or playing football. Dad and his fiancĂ©e went for a walk around the coast. I stayed on a blanket reading my copy of E. Lockhart's We Were Liars, and my sister lay next to me listening to music, when she wasn't paddling. It was such a beautiful, relaxing day.


I recommend to you the 3 B's: books, blankets, beaches

Next we made the ride up to Tintagel which was so beautiful it made me want to cry. On paper, it is the mythological (or not, you decide) birthplace of King Arthur - and, true, there are ruins there - but that's not the best part. The best part, by far, was the scenery. The landscape. The views. The blue-green water and watching the waves crash in slow-motion against the rocks. I'm getting all romantic now and I don't care because I'm in love with the place. There's just something about sitting on the edge of the cliff and feeling completely serene.


The views had me questioning whether I am such a city girl

If there's a place more beautiful than this, don't tell me

The day after we took a trip to St Ives, a place to which I am no stranger. It's such a cosy little place, and truly an artist's dream with its cobbled, narrow streets. We had dinner at Wetherspoon's (I swear I am never more than five feet away from a Wetherspoon's) and just had a general wander around. I found myself in a bookseller's, where I must have spent about an hour. In the end I decided on Black Rabbit Hall, which is set in Cornwall, and will be perfect for all the times I'm missing it.


St Ives makes a lovely backdrop

On our last day, we went to Land's End, somewhere the step-family has never been before. It wasn't as windy as the last time we went, but still a bit cold on the ol' ears. From the gift shop I bought a couple of pieces to go in my room (seaside-themed photo-frames and candle-holders) with have been great additions to my bedside table. I'll have to show you those sometime. In the evening, we went back to the swanky meal place (called so because I have forgotten the name) where I had yet another lasagne and some wine. 


I got dolled up for the last night

AND THEN WE WERE BACK IN DERBYSHIRE. Back to work, and back to reality. Since the holiday life has been pretty menial. I've applied for many an apprenticeship - lots have been unsuccessful but I'm keeping at it, having come to the conclusion that I want something in digital marketing. I've made arrangements to see friends I haven't seen in ages; including a (hopefully wild) trip to Leicester to help my bestie settle in at Uni! I can't wait.

Just a barmaid with a blog,


Comments

Popular Posts

There's More!

I have a glitch on my blog at the moment that's deleting all the posts from my main page, but there's plenty more available in the Archive, search bar or 'Older Posts' buttons.

MB x