Why I'll Always Choose 2000Trees Festival


Although I'm not yet a veteran of 2000Trees, somehow I know that I will go year upon year where my schedule allows it. In the past the only things that have stopped me from buying a ticket are money, time, or Josh not being able to get the time off. Luckily, he landed the whole weekend off this year so we were able to go together for the first time. I have been twice all in all, so I can say that while no festival is perfect, 2000Trees comes pretty darn close. So, what's so great about 2000Trees?
  • LOCATION. The festival takes place in Upcote Farm in Cheltenham, an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. From the Midlands, it's not too difficult to get to - either by car or train - but it feels like more of a 'trip' than heading to Castle Donington for Download Festival. It's pretty isolated, but you do get some mobile reception in places (should you want to find it).
  • THE WEATHER. The weather and the beautiful rural location combined makes for a very Instagrammable and aesthetically pleasing festival. Both times I've been the weather has been absolutely glorious and makes for brilliant...
  • SILENT DISCOS. The silent discos take place after the headliners finish their set, and they are an absolute must. Whether you choose the silent disco taking place at the main stage under the stars, or in 'The Cave' tent where the music is heavier, the atmosphere is completely brilliant. There's a real sense of happiness being able to hear everyone at the festival singing along to the tunes even under your headphones.
  • THE CAPACITY. Unlike some larger festivals, 2000Trees is an award-winning Medium-sized festival. This is so much better for people like me who suffer with anxiety, as there is space to move around even during the main sets. Josh and I turned up on the second day this year, and there was still place for us to 'park' our tent.

  • PLAYPASS PAYMENT. Rather than keep too much cash on your person, 2000Trees now endorse a Playpass method at the festival. You 'top-up' your account before you leave home, and your money goes onto your corresponding ticket when you arrive. You can also choose an 'auto top-up' option in case you go over your predicted fund limit. This is great if you want a stress-free experience, but also great if you're on a budget because you can essentially pay for everything months before you arrive.
  • STUDENT TICKETS. If you're a student, you can get about 10% off your ticket! I don't know of any other larger festivals that do this, so it's a great added extra. Don't worry though, the place isn't rammed with students - each time I've been I saw plenty of families with their little ones so it's definitely family-friendly.
  • THE STAGES. 'The Forest' stage is particularly beautiful and along with the silent discos, is one of my highlights of 2000Trees that always stands out and makes me want to come back. 2000Trees has about 4 stages and because it's Medium-sized, it couldn't be easier to walk to and from campuses. Plus, you get this view when the sun goes down:

  • THE VENDORS. 2000Trees has an incredible selection of food and drink. Whether you are a meat person, a vegan person, a gluten-free person; there is something there for you. I'm a notoriously picky eater so I basically lived off a diet of apple and pork sausages and fries, but Josh ate just about anything under the sun! The prices can be a little expensive, but you'll never be disappointed with the quality.
  • CARE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT. Basically everything at 2000Trees is reusable, so there was very little waste. I've seen pictures of Reading & Leeds festival and Y-not Festival at the end after everyone left, and I can proudly say that 2000Trees looked nothing like those pictures on departure. Everyone was encouraged to either recycle their tent or take it home, and they even had schemes where they would pay you to pick rubbish up.
  • THE MUSIC. It seems silly not to mention the music. The line-up is not always as important as the experience here at 2000Trees. They have bigger bands like You Me At Six and Deaf Havana, but an awful lot of bands on the line-up are lesser-known. And that's great! One of my favourite things about coming here is that I always discover something new, or I get to see one of my favourite smaller bands that I otherwise may not have had the chance to. This year, it was Normandie.

What is your favourite festival and why?


Comments

  1. İt looks good. Thanks for sharing dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Deria - glad you enjoyed :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

There's More!

I have a glitch on my blog at the moment that's deleting all the posts from my main page, but there's plenty more available in the Archive, search bar or 'Older Posts' buttons.

MB x