Sunday, 26 July 2015

\\ My Scrapbook Inventory! //

I can never go too long without writing a big ol' list... and today's is going to be a (massive) inventory of what's in my scrapbook so far! Who knows, you might even find out something you didn't know about me!

My scrapbook, called 'A Few of My Favourite Things' was given to me by my Grandma when I was eleven years old  (that's seven years of acquiring to get through)! It is landscape-orientated with hundreds of A4-sized pages - that's plenty of room for all my bits and bobs! I am quite sentimental and I love to keep little things. I haven't been too fussed about the presentation so far, but after reading Grace's post about how she plans to keep her scrapbook looking lovely, I definitely aspire to find some pretty little extras for it soon! I keep mine in unchronological order, because I like to be surprised by what's on the next page when I come back to re-read it (see, there's a method in my madness).



INVENTORY:
  • 1 flyer from a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, signed by one of the actors (thanks, Marlon, but I don't remember you)
  • A postcard from my primary school congratulating me on my 'calm, efficient, mature manner' during Science week
  • Various postcards from an old pen-pal
  • Multiple pictures of Joe Jonas and Taylor Lautner (I went through a phase, okay)
  • 1 flyer and 1 ticket from the Da Vinci Exhibition at The Museum of Science and Industry
  • Cinema tickets to: Race To Witch Mountain (2009), The Lovely Bones (2010) and New Moon (2010), High School Musical 3 (2008), Inkheart (2009), Hannah Montana (2009), Indiana Jones (2008), Prince Caspian (2008), The Last Days on Mars (2014), Divergent (2014), Interstellar (2014), Now You See Me (2013), Monsters University (2013), If I Stay (2014), War Horse (2012), Gnomeo and Juliet (2011), Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011), Battleship (2012), Rock of Ages (2012), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), The Woman In Black 2 (2015), The Fault in Our Stars (2014) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)
  • Various train tickets from journeys to see my Great Grandparents, mostly
  • Theatre tickets from: James and the Giant Peach (The Octagon, 2007), Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (2004), The Pied Piper (2005), Dick Whittington and His Cat (2006), Copacabana (2008), Equus (New Vic Theatre, 2012), and Twelfth Night (Crucible Theatre, 2014)
  • 1 ticket to see The Chinese State Circus (The Lowry, 2005)
  • A flyer from my friend's Baptismal Service
  • A ticket from the Manchester Eye
  • Flyers from productions of Sleeping Beauty, Puss In Boots and Arabian Nights
  • Invites to several birthday parties
  • A newspaper cut-out of me and my primary school classmates planting trees in 2006
  • An ID badge from Film Club that I used to attend at secondary school
  • A poker chip my dad brought me back from one of Marco Pierre White's restaurants
  • 1 ticket to see JLS at Sheffield Arena (2011)
  • A receipt from the library documenting that I'd returned The Catcher in the Rye (I absolutely hated that book)
  • An (accidentally) torn ticket to see Black Veil Brides at Rock City (2013)
  • An album flyer signed by The Smoking Hearts members Ben and James
  • My first ever scratchcard
  • My first year ID pass for Derby College
  • A flyer and 1 ticket to Derren Brown's Infamous (Theatre Royal, 2014)
  • 1 ticket to Lee Evans' Monsters (Capital FM Arena, Notts, 2014)
  • A note from my Grandad, who sadly passed away last year
  • 1 ticket to 'Planets' at The National Space Centre (2008)
  • 1 love-letter (ooh, mysterious)
  • A flyer from The National Citizen Service which I completed last year
  • Jill Scott's autograph (ex-Midfielder for the England Ladies' squad)
  • A note from my Mum
  • A painting of the Chinese translation of my name (Mei-gen) as well as some fancy calligraphy
  • 1 ticket to the Christmas Ice Rink at Derby (2014)
  • 1 ticket to Asking Alexandria at Rock City (2014)
  • 1 ticket to Halestorm at Rock City (2014)
  • 1 ticket to You Me At Six and All Time Low's co-headline tour (Genting Arena, 2015)
  • A letter from the British Heart Foundation thanking me for volunteering
  • A note from my boyfriend 'Dec is a bae'
  • 1 ticket to The Hobbit: The Five Armies in the Director's Lounge
  • 1 'You've Passed Your GCSE Exams' card
  • A card/letter from my Year 11 form tutor who passed away this year

At the moment it's just over half-way full, but I intend to keep collecting and sprucing it up. It's surprised me that I don't have any recent photographs in there! What do you keep in your scrapbook? 


1 comment:

  1. Yours is so lovely and simples, less is more! You could just get some stickers from Paperchase or some glitter, or some fancy tape!
    I'm going to be doing a tutorial soon on how to make texture paste, with a recipe and how you can use it. You basically make it to the same color of the paper you are using, spread it over a stencil on your paper and it gives the page a cool, patterned texture! x

    ReplyDelete