Thursday, 30 July 2015

\\ July 2015 Favourites & Updates! //

July has been a month of ups and downs. But, before we get onto the serious stuff, let me write a list of all the things that were great about this month.

  1. My Centre Parcs holiday with my best friends & boyfriend
  2. It's been a month since I've started working as a barmaid/waitress at Wetherspoon's and I'm really proud of how much I've learned!
  3. My first day shifts meant my nights could be spent settling back on the sofa with a takeaway, some booze, and Pretty Little Liars with my sister. Until my night shifts start tomorrow, that is.
  4. As above, only replace PLL with Hector and the Search For Happiness. This was added to Netflix recently, and seeing as I love Simon Pegg films such as Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, it wasn't one I was prepared to miss! I wasn't disappointed. It really made me think about what's important in life. So basically Walter Mitty, except better and without the fancy cinematography. Normally I don't like Rosamund Pike as an actress, but I have to admit she was a perfect choice for Clara.
  5. I only started reading The Gospel of Loki yesterday, but I'm loving it already! (You'll definitely see that in a future review)
  6. I finally finished The Lord of the Rings trilogy - it's taken me a year, on and off - and I'm finally okay with the fact that Éowyn and Aragorn aren't together. Bloody Arwen. Okay maybe there's still some bitterness there, but I'll get over it.

LIFE UPDATES
My mum's condition has worsened. In a previous post I mentioned how the hospital team were testing out their new 'Recovery Hub' for patients with mental health disorders, but since then it has been agreed that my mum's case is too severe to be solely treated by this. Hence, she's been admitted into hospital for the forseeable future. This has been heartbreaking for me as my mum hasn't relapsed since I was eight years old, and it's painful for me to see her like this. I'm a bit reluctant to see her in that condition (and in that place again) but... my maternal grandmother is now in hospital, too, as she has broken her hip. Neither of them have any other family in this county (besides me and my sister) and, as I'm the eldest relative, visitations have become solely my responsibility. In truth I feel guilty that I haven't visited yet, but I feel like it's a lot of weight on my shoulders, especially when I'm not sure I can be a rock to either of them yet.

Also there's still no apprenticeship on the horizon, after months of trying! Well, I guess I'll have to try harder. But on the bright side of things I'm off to Harry Potter World with my boyfriend next week, so that's exciting! I've never been before, or heard much about it, so if someone could fill me in on what to expect, that would be great!

Thank you for reading,


No comments:

Post a Comment