Monday, 15 June 2015

\\ Pre Season Five Finale Game of Thrones Tag! //


Before my focus on beauty blogging begins I decided to write about something fun. And that something is Game of Thrones. If you haven't heard of it, or don't watch it, I strongly recommend that you go and sit on the stairs and contemplate your decision... because I was once like you! I thought up a 20-question tag a couple of days ago and I've finally taken the time to complete it. 

This blog is dark and full of spoilers.

1) Who first introduced you to GoT?
That would be my boyfriend, who was then just a friend. But introducing someone to GoT is definitely grounds for a relationship.

2) Which season of GoT did you first watch?
The first episode I watched was S3 E10 but the first season I watched all the way through was S4.

3) Your favourite character and why?
Jon Snow. Perfect in a every way shape and form... although saying that, he probably could smile a little bit more.

4) Least favourite character?
Can't really stand Cersei or Littlefinger.

5) Which is your favourite house?
At one time it might have been Stark, but after the rumours of Jon being a Targaryen love-child, I think I may be leaning towards fire and blood.

6) What do you love most about the show?
I love that George Martin takes inspiration from actual historical events and mixes the story together with magical realism. I'm a big fan of the White Walkers. But what I love most is probably that the plot never makes everyone happy. George isn't afraid to kill your favourite characters off and that's what makes it so unpredictable and refreshingly different (but please George, for the love of God, don't kill off Jon).

7) Your favourite GoT couple/duo?
Myrcella and Prince Tristane's engagement is beyond cute (although you never know whether something sinister is going on behind a facade in GoT), although not as cute as Daenerys' marriage to Khal Drogo. The loyalty of Jon and Sam to each other melts my heart.

8) The most shocking and brutal deaths so far, in your opinion?
The death of Shireen, I feel was uncalled for. You're telling me that Stannis and Melisandre couldn't have sacrificed any other person? I feel like there wasn't enough basis for that one. Another shocking death was Joffrey's, just because I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon, let alone at his wedding! I think everyone was happy with it though.

9) Prediction for the end of season five?
The finale of S5 is tonight, so I've been able to read the episode synopsis on Sky and I know that Cersei has a scene. As the title is 'Mother's Mercy' I have a feeling that Margaery is going to be set free from prison whilst Cersei will be condemned and die. After all, in the beginning of the season, she was told someone "younger and more beautiful" would succeed her and I think it's time for that to happen. I also think a big character is going to die.

10) Who is most fit to rule Westeros?
Well, I'm biased, so I'm going to say Jon, obviously. He has good family values, a level head, and leadership as well as fighting skills. He also understands the politics of rule and knows how to kill White Walkers.

11) Favourite quote(s):
"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister.

12) Who do you watch GoT with?
When it airs I watch it with my dad, or occasionally with the boyf.

13) Favourite episode so far?
Hardhome.

14) Favourite villain?
Maybe Melisandre, at a push. The White Walkers would probably be my favourite antagonists.

15) Favourite place in all the Seven Kingdoms?
Although it's deserted, I really like Volantis. The scene where Tyrion and Jorah were in the boat staring up at Drogon was beautiful. It seems really ancient.

16) Who will be the next to die?
Either Cersei or Jon (God forbid).

17) Favourite house that is not Stark, Lannister or Targaryen?
This is probably the most predictable answer as it's the next most prominent house... but Baratheon. Robert was a really likeable King and his son is hot (I'm on about Gendry and yes I really am that shallow I just like black hair okay).

18) Watch a show when it's leaked or wait until it airs?
Always wait until it airs! Have some patience! How are you supposed to live tweet?!

19) Which is most fearsome, the White Walkers or the Dragons?
I think the White Walkers pose the biggest threat to humanity, but it makes for such good telly.

20) Who will end up on the Iron Throne in the finale of GoT?
Loaded question. I am inclined to assume it's going to be Daenerys because she has the most fire-power but knowing George Martin there will be some kind of last minute twist... hopefully.
I tag anyone who is a fan of the show.. so basically the entire human race. Be strong for tonight, guys!

I tag each and every one of you who reads! Valar Morghulis.

Meaghan x

This post first appeared on To blog would be an awfully big adventure on 15/06/15

No comments:

Post a Comment