Monday, 1 June 2015

\\ May 2015 Favourites and Updates! //

Last month, at the end of my Monthly Favourites post, I tried something different by adding monthly updates to it at the end. I don't know how it was for you guys, I but I enjoyed writing that section a lot; and as I've been too busy doing nothing to try many new things this month, I figured I'd do that again and make it a regular thing. I will start with a short list of favourites.

MAY FAVOURITES

Music:
  • Words Don't Come So Easily by Lower Than Atlantis. I came across this song on one of my YouTube music sessions and instantly fell in love. It starts off pretty quietly in an acoustic fashion, but the chorus is really worth it. The music video is rather weird (it just consists of goo-like liquid falling over/into the band and the extras) but I like the metaphor. Throughout the video, noone in the band speaks, they just let all the 'stuff' fall on them. To me the goo represents emotion, which they let overcome them so much that they become unable to speak.
  • Lola Montez by Volbeat. I heard this song first on Kerrang! Radio and looked the lyrics up to find the name of it! Whilst Google-searching I discovered that it's supposedly written about a 1800s stripper which for some reason just makes me love it more, knowing that there was actually an inspiration for it. From what I know, Volbeat are a Danish rock band, so they have a little bit of an accent, which most of you know, I love. For this reason, I'd recommend listening to the lyrics version of this one first. Favourite line: "Hell-raising and full of sin, when Lola was dancing and showing her skin".
Online stores:

I saved up and bought a couple of things on ASOS this week, although I won't show you the items because they're a bit *ahem* personal... but what I will do is tell you which other online stores I've been loving this month. I need to write them down somewhere anyway, or else I'll forget they exist!



  • Kestle Boudoir make their own beautiful lingerie and sell it on their website and on Etsy. I found them through Instagram and it appears they've only launched recently. It might be a bit too much information but I'm absolutely obsessed with bralets at the moment and I can't wait to get my hands on some Kestle stuff! Unfortunately, it's more than I can spend at the moment (student life sucks) but my favourites are the Maisey Red and the Tori Blue.
  • Pepper Knot, another Instagram-find, are based in the US. I've admired their Insta page @pepperknot for a while now because they always put together the prettiest outfits. I looked on their website for the first time today and was amazed at how cheap everything is, but yet it all looks so floral and lovely! I love the bralets from there, too, and I might even a purchase a pair of dungarees one day.
MAY UPDATES

I don't have as much exciting news as last month, but I can continue some of the threads. I spoke about a business admin apprenticeship placement I have an interview for, which is really close to where I'm living and I was really excited for it! The problem is, the interview is in July and I will have potentially no money, except allowance, until then. Well... since last month, I was offered another interview; but this time for a big apprenticeship employer based in the city. The 'interview' was earlier on this week, but sadly the employee who was meant to interview me was ill - so I just had to fill out a form instead. Although, the woman who welcomed me was lovely and I seemed to have a lot in common with her from the short conversation we had. So, there may be a big choice coming up, ladies and gentlemen!

Meanwhile, I've finished college (as you'll know if you read my last post about how I've changed throughout my time there). It's been just over a week and I'm already really missing it. Not going to lie, I've had some low points, especially since my boyfriend and I can't see each other every day now. It's going to get a lot tougher, and sometimes I find it hard to stay positive... although I do have a couple of things to look forward to. Namely, my friend Harrison's parents invited my boyfriend and I to join our friends Harrison and Emily on holiday with them for a week in July! It's at Centreparcs and I'm already so excited... hopefully the boyf remembers to get time off work!!

See you next month and thanks for reading,

Meaghan x

No comments:

Post a Comment