Wednesday, 6 May 2015

\\ The Four Things Tag //

After being forced to abandon my old blog due to problems with my old e-mail address and the associated Google account, I set up this new blog pretty quickly - and it's come to my attention that I've never really done a personal post just about me! I saw "The Four Things Meme" on Nishita's Rants and Raves - and since she said it was cool for anyone to have a go - I decided to have an attempt!

Four things people call me, other than my real name:
(With my name being so uncommon in the UK, you can probably fathom how many times throughout my life it's been misspelt.)
  • I currently volunteer for the British Heart Foundation, where the name on my lanyard says - you guessed it - "Megan".
  • My dad, sister (and some close friends) call me "Meg". The nickname isn't that unusual, obviously, but I do prefer to be called my full name, generally.
  • My mum calls me "Meggy-May" despite the amount of times I've told her I'm an adult and that she shouldn't do this anymore. Bless her. I've never really understood why she calls me that, because my middle name isn't May - it's Bethany (hence my blog URL).
  • My grandma used to call me "Silky," but, again, I don't know why. Thankfully, she's stopped now. I think it was a character's name or something.

Four places I have been:
I'm going to try and use mostly my own photography for this part!
  • Banff in Scotland! This is where my maternal grandma was originally from, and one of my favourite places in the world. It's a little fishing town in Aberdeenshire, and one of the longest drives my family has ever taken together. It's kind of sentimental for me as my grandparents got married here. On a good day you can see the dolphins jumping around and it's really cute! Sadly, this is not my photo.

  • The picture below is taken in Perranporth, Cornwall overlooking the beach. My family love it here and we're visiting again this summer. I'll have to keep my dad away from the cliffs this time, though! (He almost fell off last time whilst attempting a slide). Cornwall doesn't seem that far away, but living in the Midlands, it's still quite a trek!

  • I also love St. Ives in Cornwall. When we first got there I was amazed by how tiny the streets were. It really does live up to its reputation as a "painter's town". I took this photo myself, and also it's really grainy (taken on my old Nokia, I think, wow) I love how I captured the motorcycle and the boats and all the little houses. It looks cosy.

  • You might have gathered from the flag and the clear water in this photo that this isn't Britain. It's Kusadasi in Turkey - which I believe means "Bird Island" in English. It is still the furthest away I have ever been from home, and the most beautiful place I've ever seen with my own eyes.




Four things I don't eat:
This one should be easy, I'm such a fussy eater!
  • Mashed potatoes (any other type of potato is fine)
  • Beans, ew
  • Mince
  • Anything blue

Four things I'm always saying:
  • "Where are we going?" - forever not knowing what to do
  • I always get my best friends' name mixed up with her online profile names. I always end up calling her "Manleenium" or "Manleeny-bum".
  • "Y'alright?" - my go-to phrase when someone looks bored or upset. Not kidding, I probably say it 3-5 times a day. Usually to the same person.
  • "What?" - forever confused

Four places I have lived:
I haven't really moved around that much! I used to stay in Nottingham a bit, but other than that I've always been in Derbyshire. I have lived in four different places, but they're all in the same small area and I'm not really going to divulge exactly where I live.


Four things I am looking forward to next year:
  • Maybe another holiday abroad? Haven't had one since I was thirteen!
  • Being in a new apprenticeship or job
  • Visiting my best friend at her Uni!
  • HAVING MONEY

Four movies I have watched more than once:
  • American Beauty. I love symbols and themes within films, and you can barely escape all the roses in this one. I also love the message that even 'perfect-looking' things (or people) have flaws and can be led astray from what really matters by their desires.
  • (500) Days of Summer. Not gonna talk too much about this because I probably prattle on about it too much. I enjoy the unchronological filmic style and how it's realistic about love.
  • Tangled. My favourite modern Disney film - in my opinion much better than Frozen
  • The Great Gatsby. Leonardo DiCaprio. Money. Parties. I could probably have used The Wolf of Wall Street to make the same point, but Gatsby is both one of my favourite books and films.

Four places I would rather be right now:
  • In bed. I don't like to be separated.
  • Italy. HOW MUCH LONGER MUST I WAIT?
  • Dubai but I don't think I could handle the heat and no PDA
  • Probably with my boyfriend. Aw, gay. (Hi, Dec)

Four books I recommend:
Oh Goddd it's been so long since I finished a book...
  • It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini for anyone who has suffered with depression
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald because I've already mentioned it
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker because it's f*cking great (Dracula just scuttles about everywhere, what's not to like)
  • The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter for feminists or anyone who's into adult fairytales. The Courtship of Mr. Lyon is my favourite short story.

Four TV series I watch:
  • Made In Chelsea. (Please don't judge me!)
  • Game of Thrones
  • Catfish: The TV Show
  • Once Upon A Time. It doesn't take much concentration and it wastes time pretty well.

Four jobs I've had:
Ugghhh I haven't had that many yet!
  • I've been a shop assistant in a fancy dress shop (which also managed parties and events so that was quite interesting)
  • I've been a fundraiser with the NCS before
  • I've volunteered in a charity shop
  • Being a full time legend (I miss 2010 Facebook)

I hope you learned a little bit more about my interests and whatnot! You can find the link to the original tag here if you'd like to give it a go. 

Meaghan x

No comments:

Post a Comment